Are you a WANDERLISTA?
Do you embrace the art of travel through culture and style?
Meet Andria Mitsakos, publicist, writer, accessories designer and global wanderlista.
From Manhattan to Mykonos (and everywhere in between), she voyages far, authoring a virtual passport for the creative cognoscenti.
Currently Instagramming her way through Greece.
Are you a WANDERLISTA?
The duration of my stay at the Datai has been one filled with wonder and fascination. Narrowing done just five things was not easy but the below are just some of my favorite things about this tropical paradise.
1. Beach Villas- “designed to follow an environmentally sustainable framework. Contemporary interiors enhanced with touches of nature and rainforest accents”
* Outdoor rain shower
* Private pool
* Private sun deck
2. The Spa
* Four spa pavilions located in a tropical rainforest
* The Datai massage, Balinese massage, and warm stone massage
3. Having my blackberry almost snatched by monkeys :)
4. Helicopter rides above Datai Bay with Peter Wesley Brown (see above photo)
5. Rainforest exploration (or at least admiration ;) ) The Datai is nestled inside an ancient tropical rainforest.
*Photo credit: Peter Wesley Brown
New from Wanderlista is #wanderwednesdays: wandering today to Langkawi, and bedding down at The Datai, a jungle-meets-the sea oasis celebrating the art of Malaysian hospitality. I flew JFK to Singapore, connecting in the electric city of Kuala Lumpur, then a quick hop to Langkawi (you can also try the heli…it’s only 45mins).
Spending my time sampling the cuisine’s clash of cultures: gorgeous Thai, Indian, Chinese spices melding together in an explosion of flavors. The hotel celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, but it’s far from dated: a new, re-launch is happening right now, and I’m in the middle of it all.
The biggest negotiation of the day is with the monkey that frequents my terrace. Shall I give him my coconut so he doesn’t steal my blackberry? I decide it’s a smart plan. Negotiation done, I’m off to wander further.
New from @Wanderlista: #fridayfives-5 things on my mind this week:
Going: Langkawi, Malaysia, Andaman Sea
Wearing: A Djellabah dress by WALLA YHMAAK
Learning: Engrossed in Tash Aw’s The Harmony Silk Factory
Inspiring: This coral color..in a sea horse no less from the Andaman Sea. You’ll see it on fall runways (the color, not the sea horse).
Giving: Adopt a tiger though WWF Malaysia